Wednesday, 27 January 2010

New Year

Well what an interesting start to 2010 for me. I have been honoured with an MBE in the 2010 New Years Honours List. To say that I am staggered by this would be a vast understatement, its been a few weeks since the call came from through and I'm still finding it very weird.

I founded Precious a decade ago because I had a genuine passion to profile the achivements of women of colour. It's been a struggle getting support from the 'mainstream' and I suppose I hadn't truly thought that anyone at government level would notice what I was trying to do.
.
The family is delighted, in particular my mum and that's good enough for me. I have had messages from people who have supported Precious for years, those I haven't seen for years and people I have never met, all wishing me just total good stuff. That's been so lovely and I have been overwhelmed by the good feeling.

I head to the Palace in February, and for a girl that hates shopping, its one of those rare occasions that I am kinda getting excited about what to wear...

No comments: