Friday 29 February 2008

Our Brand New Look

Wow this is it. After months of meetings, discussions, planning, rewriting, image sourcing its finally here - the new look Precious!

I’m really excited and I hope you like it too. As always we welcome your feedback so tell me what you think by emailing me at editor@preciousonline.co.uk.

I have to admit that one of the toughest things I’ve had to learn as a business owner is letting go, standing back to take an objective look at my business and seeing where I need support the most.

When I first started Precious over eight years ago, I was determined to do EVERYTHING. I built the website, did the PR, the Marketing, networking, interviewing, chased up editorials…the only reason that I didn’t actually write the content was because we had a great team of writers on board.

It’s taken me a good few years to realise that in order for my business to grow - I had to let go. The best way for me to do that was to let other business professionals into ‘precious world’ to share their expertise and knowledge.

Now I’m working with a range of people who are experts in their field and are working with me to help Precious become the very best that it can, for the people who matter the most…you the reader. (That may sound corny but trust me reader it’s all about you!)
We’ve grown from hosting a magazine to hosting business events to hosting the Precious Awards. Our aim is to become the ultimate destination for women of colour on the web, and we believe we’re right on track.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you loyal readers that have stayed on the road with us and those new readers who continue to join us on a daily basis.

I hope that you enjoy my daily blog. I’m going to use these regular musings as an opportunity to share some of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes at Precious and chat about the things that matter… and the things that really don’t!

Keep in touch with me at: editor@preciousonline.co.uk

Foluke
X

No comments: